PDA and Software

Добро пожаловать на форум
Текущее время: 17 июн 2019, 15:48

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: confused about versions and GPS update
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 сен 2009, 18:33 

Hi to all. First let me say, I love your work! Thank you!

I have my N560 updated to gps firmware 3.5.0 according to this posting in a Polish forum (with help of google translate)

Now I am unsure what version of WM I should use. I understand the latest version WM 6.1 20755-19 does not work with the GPS3.5.0 firmware. Is that correct?

I installed WM 6.1 21028. The description "Firmware is configured to a GPS receiver with GPS InstantFix, GSW 3.5.0 (baud 57600)" gave me a good feeling about this.

The receptions works nice and fast with TomTom and I like it. Still I am unsure what to do next. I have an archive here containing InstantFix_II.cab and QuickGPS_Eng.cab
Should I install these? What do they do? I dont understand the included readme file and I would be very glad if someone could help me put together what are the parts needed to have an updated version of WM6.1 and a good combination of GPS firmware and software to InstantFixII working.

Thanks again!

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  

Заголовок сообщения: Re: confused about versions and GPS update
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 сен 2009, 05:58 

The latest version of WM 6.1 20755-19 works with GPS3.5.0, like all other firmware.
Indeed, GPS v3.5.0 shows good results. I am currently working on updating the firmware, so she worked with GPS v3.5.0. Now comes a period of testing. Wait ...

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 сен 2009, 12:48 

Thank you! I will wait a little more.

One thing I noticed, by the way, is that after installing the InstantFix_II.cab I got very slow fixes and practically all the nice advantages like reception even in buildings close to a window were gone. I'm still playing around with this.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2009, 21:43 

Hmm, I am also a bit confused about how InstantFix_II.cab fits in... I have read the pdf file on the SIRF page, and as far as I understand it's a helper program for the GPS firmware.

My questions are:
* is it always running (resident in memory), or is it (automatically?) started when the GPS is turned on?
* if it's an add-on, can it be safely uninstalled?

Thanks

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа